Long Jump, Triple Jump, High Jump, Pole Vault, Shot Put, Discus, Javelin, Hammer - Top 12 in the Field Events will compete in the Invitational Division on Saturday, March 29th, 2003.
100; 200; 400; 800; 1500; 5000; 100 hurdles (w); 110 hurdles (m); 400 hurdles; (Wednesday & Thursday) - Heptathlon (w); Decathlon (m)
3000 steeple (w&m) and 5000 (w&m) will be run Thursday night.
4x100, 4x400, 4x800, DMR, Sprint Medley, 4x200, 4x1500, Shuttle Hurdles
All Running Events (Relay & Open) will be conducted as heats against time
DESCRIPTIONS OF DIVISIONS/ELIGIBILITY
Athletes from all universities, colleges, junior colleges, and all open competitors will compete simultaneously in one Intercollegiate/Open Division on Friday.
Athletes representing colleges/universities must be eligible according to the rules which govern the athletic participation of their schools; i.e., NCAA, NAIA, or NJCAA. Open competitors must be 18 years of age or older on March 28, 2003, and must either represent a USATF registered club or compete unattached and hold a valid USATF registration card (unattached athletes may not wear a school uniform).
CLUB ATHLETES & UNATTACHED ATHLETES:
IN ORDER FOR UNATTACHED OR CLUB ATHLETES TO COMPETE IN THE FLORIDA RELAYS THE FOLLOWING MUST BE DONE!
- ENTER BY FAX (352) 373-1432 - Type your full name, address, phone number, events and P.R. Deadline to enter is March 18th, 2003.
- DECLARE BY FAX (352) 373-1432 OR EMAIL - firstname.lastname@example.org BY FRIDAY, MARCH 21ST , 2003.
- GO TO GATORZONE.COM ON SATURDAY, MARCH 22ND AFTER 6:00PM TO SEE IF YOU HAVE BEEN ACCEPTED INTO THE MEET. ENTERING IS NO GUARANTEE OF BEING ABLE TO COMPETE!
- ALL ATHLETES NOT COMPETING WITH A COLLEGE MUST SIGN A WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT AND RETURN THE WAIVER TO ANNA FROST AT PACKET PICK-UP IN ORDER TO COMPETE!
ATHLETES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE STEPS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE IN THE FLORIDA RELAYS.
ATHLETES WHO SHOW UP STATING," I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE ENTERED," WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO COMPETE!
FLORIDA RELAYS awards will be given in all Running events (Open & Relays) and all Invitational Field Events.
- 5000 will be limited to the Top 25 entries and no more than 5 open or club athletes.
- 3000 Steeple will be limited to the Top 20-25 entries
Rekortan Surface: 9-48" lanes; double field event areas in long-triple jump, high jump, shot put, discus, and pole vault; maximum length of spikes - 1/4" pyramids or 1/8" pins.
SECTIONS, FLIGHTS, SEEDING, FIELD EVENT CONDUCT
- In the Invitational Division, all events will be conducted in one section or flight. All events will be under NCAA Rule. (Athlete must have a legal mark before competing in Final.)
- All running events will be conducted in sections against time, if more than one section is required. The LJ/TJ/SP/D/J/HT competitions will be contested in flights, if necessary, to receive three (3) trials, with nine (9) to advance to the finals to receive three (3) additional attempts. The HJ/PV will be contested in continuous flights.
- Sections and lanes in running events will be assigned based upon athletes who check in on date of the competition. Please enter your athletes current outdoor P.R. for that event. If you need to use an indoor mark be sure to indicate that on the entry. DO NOT enter a mark you expect them to achieve - use legitimate PR'S ONLY.
INVITATIONAL DIVISION (PLEASE NOTE - VERY IMPORTANT!)
The top twelve (12) entries will be selected for the invitational field events (see invite page) to be held on Saturday, March 30th . Finals only will be contested. (A maximum of two entries in the invitational events will be OPEN or CLUB ATHLETES.) All other entries not selected to the invitational events will be assigned to the Intercollegiate/Open Division sections/flights on Friday. The champion in the Field events in the open division advances to the Invitational on Saturday. Field Eligibility requirements are the same as for the Intercollegiate/Open Division.
ENTRY DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, MARCH 20th, 2003 @ 5:00PM
- No entries will be accepted by telephone or Fax.
- Remember; Enter your athlete's legitimate best mark ONLY.
- ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED THROUGH DIRECT ATHLETICS.
DIRECTIONS FOR ENTRY
- Entry Information is enclosed.
- Any athlete participating in either individual or relay events must be on your team roster.
- Remember; Enter your athlete's legitimate best mark ONLY. Athletes will be scratched from the event completely if caught entering a false mark.
- If you have questions concerning women's entries, call Larry Judge (352) 375-4683 Ext. 5548. If you have questions concerning men's entries, call Mike Holloway at (352) 375-4683 Ext. 4458.
- $30.00 per entered athlete - $175.00 per team (15 or more athletes, men and women separately.)
- Entry fees can be paid @ packet pick-up.
- Make checks payable to: University Athletic Association.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
REPORTING FOR EVENTS/Check-in Procedure:
- Running event participants must report to the Clerk of Course (NW corner of track) no later than one (1) hour prior to the respective event. Those who fail to report by this time will be scratched.
- Heats are assigned after athletes report to participate. Failure to report will self-scratch athletes from events.
- Coaches or athletes must indicate with a check mark the athletes that will be competing.
- One event prior, the athletes will be called from the warm-up area into the Paddock. This is where heat and lane assignments will be given.
- Field event participants must report to the official at the site of the event no later than one (1) hour prior to the event.
WARM-UP/ADMISSION TO THE TRACK OR FIELD/COACHING
- All general warm-up must be completed outside the fenced track/field area. Field event athletes will be admitted to the field event area beginning one (1) hour prior to their events. Running event athletes will be admitted to the track following conclusion of the previous event. All athletes must clear the track/field areas immediately upon conclusion of competition in their event.
- No coaches will be allowed in the fenced track/field areas. Athletes competing in the field events may leave the field to consult with their coach, if it does not interfere with the competition.
- Protest: (All appeals are to be made in writing and handed to the Meet Director in the Clerk's Tent.) The Meet Director will take all appeal requests to the Meet Referee.
- Team/Individual packets will be available from the packet pick-up area in the Volleyball Court Area beginning one hour prior to the meet each day. The packets will include meet information, athletes numbers, pins, relay cards and coaches passes. The Volleyball Court Area is located on the lower level of the Lemerand Center.
- Athletes numbers must be worn on the front for all events. The number will allow the athlete admission to the track/field area prior to their event.
- Protests must be filed, in writing, at the clerk tent no later than 30 minutes following the involved incident or decision.
- Weighing/measuring of implements (shot, discus, javelin, hammer) will be conducted at the track stadium (see posted sign) beginning 2 hours prior to the event. Implements which are not certified as official will be confiscated, and released following the competition.
- For participants in the 5000m run & 3000 steeple, lapped runners will be disqualified down to 12 participants.
- The No False Start rule will be in effect. Each field event contestant must have a legal mark to receive additional attempts.
- A list of all accepted entries into the meet will be public on www.gatorzone.com by Saturday, March 22nd after 6:00pm.
Online Entry Instructions
Below please find instructions for online entries. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions.
Important Notice for Schools Who Have Already Used DirectAthletics
Some of you have already used DirectAthletics for online entries last year or at other meets. If you already have an athlete on your roster, you do not need to add that athlete again.
- Review your existing roster carefully. To view your roster, login and click TEAM.
- Deactivate all athletes no longer on your active roster. To deactivate an athlete, click on the athlete's name. Then click on the red "Deactivate" button. Repeat for each athlete you want to remove from your active roster.
- Edit school year for existing athletes. Please review your entire roster to make sure that the school year is accurate for each existing athlete. If the school year is incorrect, click on that athlete's name, then click the dark blue "Edit" button. Change the school year in the dropdown and Submit.
- Check spelling. You can change the spelling of an existing athlete's name by following the instructions in the previous step. Once at the Edit Athlete page, make the appropriate changes to the First or Last Name and Submit.
- Add only new athletes not already on your roster (Follow Steps 4-6 below). Do NOT create duplicates on your roster. If you have any duplicate names on your roster, delete one of the duplicates
SETTING UP YOUR ROSTER
In the login box, enter your username and password and click Login. (Remember that your password is case-sensitive. Use capital letters where appropriate). If prompted, enter your contact information.
Before submitting entries, you must setup your rosters. NOTE: If you are the coach of Men AND Women, you will see a Team dropdown on the blue navigation bar at the top middle of your screen that contains your team name and gender (i.e. "Reston (M)") The "M" means that you are controlling the MEN'S team-if you switch to the "(W)" you are controlling the WOMEN'S team. You may switch between teams at anytime to edit your rosters or submit entries for each of your teams.
To setup your MEN'S roster, make sure that your team is set to "(M)" and click TEAM at the top of your screen to right of HOME. Then click the green "Add Athlete" link at the top of your roster screen.
You will be prompted to enter an approximate number of the athletes you wish to enter. Enter a number and submit.
You will be prompted to enter the first name, last name and graduation year of each athlete (email is optional). Fill in the form accurately. DO NOT use all capitals and double-check your spelling. When you are satisfied with the form, click Submit. NOTE: You can repeat this process at anytime to add additional athletes.
To view your roster, click the "Roster" link in TEAM on the left. When you are ready to setup your WOMEN'S roster, switch to the WOMEN'S team ("W") in the Team dropdown as described in Step 3. Repeat Steps 4-6.
- Within your account, click on the "HOME" link at the top left of your screen. Or simply login, and you will automatically be in the HOME module.
- In HOME, under "Upcoming Meets", you will see all meets available for registration. You may also click SCHEDULE at the top of your screen to see a full list of meets available for registration. If registration is open, click the green "Register" button that appears next to the meet name.
- You will see a list of all events available for online entries. You will submit your entries one event at a time.
- To register for an individual event, click the green "Register" button next to the desired event.
- Your active roster will appear in the LEFT BOX. Click on and highlight the athlete you wish to register.
- Type in the seed time/mark for the athlete in the middle SEED BOX.
- Click the "Register ==>" button. The athlete and seedtime will move to the RIGHT BOX for review.
- Repeat steps (a)-(c) for each athlete.
- Review your entries in the RIGHT box.
- If you have made an error or would like to delete an athlete in the RIGHT BOX, click on and highlight the athlete in the RIGHT BOX and click "<== De-Register".
- When you are satisfied with your entries as displayed in the RIGHT BOX, click the "Submit" button. YOUR ENTRIES ARE NOT SUBMITTED UNTIL YOU CLICK "SUBMIT".
After clicking Submit, you will see your entries and seed times/marks for each event on your registration event list. Repeat Step 4 (a)-(g) for each individual event.
- For Relay events, the process is exactly the same except that you will see Squads A-D in the LEFT BOX instead of athlete names. Make sure that you submit your "A" Squad if you are entering only one squad. When you submit your relays squad and entry time, you will be prompted to enter the individual members of the relay. Add up to 4 runners plus 4 alternates to the RIGHT box and click "Submit".
- You can edit your entries at anytime before the entry deadline by clicking the blue "Edit" button next to each event on your registration event list. Make necessary changes and Re-submit. Your previous entries will be over-written.
You can receive email confirmation of your entries by clicking the link at the top of the Meet Registration page. Emails will be sent to the email address in your account profile. If you have a Men and Women's team, you must request a separate email confirmation for each team.
Click here for a printable version of the WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS AGREEMENT