2013 NEW STUDENT INFORMATION
Congratulations and welcome to the University of Florida! Now that you are a member of the Gator student body, you might be wondering how you could order a season ticket to watch the Gators football team this fall. We have a simple process that students must follow to order their season ticket.
PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE CURRENTLY REGISTERED FOR FALL CLASSES TO ORDER A SEASON TICKET!
If you wish to purchase a season football ticket you must register for the student season football ticket lottery and pay for a ticket when registering. The student lottery registration period will begin on Monday, April 22 at 9 am and will end on Thursday, July 18 at 5:00 pm. If you do not win the lottery your money will be refunded back to the credit card used to purchase a ticket in the lottery.
Registering for the Lottery
To register for the lottery, students must visit www.gatorzone.com/tickets/students and click on Manage My Gator Student Account and follow the on-screen prompts to login to your Student Football account.
Every student in the registrar files will have an account already created, including new students. DO NOT create your own ticket account since an account created by you will not have access to see Student events. To log in to your Gator student account, you need to follow the steps listed below as a new student at the University of Florida:
- To retrieve your password, which is a randomly generated number, click on the Forgot Your Password? link and type in the e-mail address you have on file with the University of Florida. Your password will then be e-mailed to you.
- Log-in using your e-mail address on file with the University and the password number you were sent. If you are unsure of what e-mail address you have on file with the University or are having any other problems retrieving your password, please call the Gator Ticket Office at (352) 375-4683 ext. 6800 to remedy the situation. Please have your eight-digit UF ID number ready if you need to call.
- To complete the lottery registration process, UF students MUST pre-pay for their season tickets online during the time they register. Have your Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card ready when you log in, as well as your eight-digit UF student ID number. Follow the prompts through the student lottery registration and ordering system and continue until you receive a confirmation page. Do not sign out of your account or close your browser until you receive this confirmation or your order and lottery registration may not be processed correctly.
ALL STUDENTS WHO ARE NOT SELECTED AS WINNERS OF THE LOTTERY WILL RECEIVE A FULL REFUND (MINUS A $1 ONLINE SERVICE FEE) BACK TO THEIR CREDIT CARD THAT WAS USED TO PRE-PAY FOR THE SEASON TICKET. Refunds will be processed only after the lottery has been administered and the results have been released.
How the Lottery Works
The student lottery will be conducted by a classification system. Students will be prioritized based on their UF credit hours earned and then be randomly selected from the pool of registered students. Students who have earned 90 or more UF credit hours have the best chance of winning the lottery. These credits are those that each student has accumulated while attending the University of Florida, not credits transferred from another school.
Each classification category will be assigned an allotment of season tickets and will be sold within that category. There is no guarantee that every student within a classification category will be selected as a winner of the lottery and thus, are not guaranteed to keep their pre-purchased ticket.
If you are unsure of the total number of UF credits you have, you may go to www.isis.ufl.edu to verify your current student status.
Below are the categories based on UF credit hours:
- Category 1: Students who have earned 90 UF credit hours or more
- Category 2: Students who have earned 60 UF credits or more, but fewer than 90
- Category 3: Students who have earned 30 UF credits or more, but fewer than 60
- Category 4: Students with fewer than 30 UF credits earned (including all incoming freshmen and transfer students)
Once the lottery registration closes, the University Athletic Association will conduct the lottery and notify all winners of the lottery results via e-mail.
Picking Up Tickets
A student season ticket consists of six (6) home games. You have to pick up each home game ticket at Gate 13 on the east side of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium every Tuesday through Thursday of a home football game week.
To pick up your ticket, you MUST BE registered for at least (12) twelve hours with no flags or financial holds on your record during the course of the fall term.
Married Students/Single Parents
Married students entering the lottery who wish to be able to purchase a season ticket for their spouses must provide a marriage certificate to the Gator Ticket Office (MUST SUBMIT BEFORE ENTERING LOTTERY). Couples with marriage certificates on file by this date will also be eligible to purchase spouse tickets for all away games (including Georgia), Gator Growl and post-season play.
If the married couple are both students, you have two options:
- Submit the marriage certificate under one of your ID numbers and write both of your names on the certificate. The student whose ID number is not being used is not permitted to enter the lottery separately.
- Do not submit the marriage certificate and both enter the lottery independently.
Marriage certificates can be faxed to (352) 372-5801 or dropped off at the Main Gator Ticket Office, located between Gates 1 and 2 of Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Please be sure to write your eight-digit UF student ID number on the certificate. Students who are single parents may also purchase a spouse ticket for their child (17 years and younger). A birth certificate is required for verification. Each eligible student is limited to submitting either a marriage certificate or a birth certificate – not both.
If you already submitted your marriage certificate, please call the Student Ticket Office at (352) 375-GoUF ext. 6878 to verify that we received it.
THANK YOU AND GO GATORS!