The Green Game: Florida vs. Missouri
Saturday, November 3 • Gainesville, Florida
What You Can Do
- Know what is recyclable: glass and plastic bottles, aluminum cans; and what is NOT: red solo cups, cardboard, food items.
- Look for the self-service TailGator Green Team Recycling Stations in popular tailgating spots to pick up blue recycling bags for glass and plastic bottles and aluminum cans.
- TailGator Green Teams make the rounds on game days, handing out blue recycling bags for glass and plastic bottles and aluminum cans. When the bag is full, tie it closed and leave it next to a trash or recycling can for pick-up.
- Visit the Sustainable UF Fan Fest tent near gate to play games, learn about what UF and the Gators are doing to be more sustainable, and get green souvenirs!
- Carpool to your tailgate spot, and encourage visitors to ride the bus, ride a bike, or walk to come celebrate another Gator win with you.
- Buy tailgating supplies with recycled content, and in bulk. You’ll reduce packaging waste and probably save money!
- Buy local food: decrease food miles, your meal’s carbon footprint and support the local economy.
- Bring a reusable water bottle for tailgating
- When you do your tailgate shopping, bring your own reusable bags. They’re easier to carry and create less trash!
- Consider offsetting your travel to the game with Neutral Gator.