Monday May 12, 2014UF Baseball's Logan Shore Named SEC Freshman of the Week
Florida right-hander Logan Shore was chosen as the Southeastern Conference Freshman of the Week on Monday for the first time in his career after defeating No. 10 Vanderbilt, 1-0, to begin the weekend series. His total of seven wins in SEC play leads the league.
· Threw 7.1 scoreless innings as Florida captured its series opener with a 1-0 victory over No. 10 Vanderbilt on ESPNU’s Thursday Night Baseball
· Shore registered a career-high eight strikeouts and permitted just two singles
· Vanderbilt hitters went 2-for-23 (.087) against the right-hander and none advanced past second base
· Has worked at least five innings in all 12 of his starts this season
· All seven of Shore’s victories this season have come in SEC play
· Has claimed his last four starts against Georgia, Missouri, No. 20 Alabama and No. 10 Vanderbilt and has a 1.05 ERA in that span, with 19 K and 4 BB
· Has not allowed any runs in his last 13.1 innings (7.0 at Alabama, 7.1 vs. Vanderbilt)
· Is 7-2 overall with a team-low 1.47 ERA in a team-high 79.2 innings and has totaled 52 strikeouts
· Has a 7-1 mark in SEC play with a 1.81 ERA
The Gators (34-18/19-8 SEC) will face USF (25-26/10-14 AAC) on Tuesday at 6 p.m. at McKethan Stadium in their regular-season home finale before heading to Tennessee (29-20/11-16 SEC) for a Thursday-Saturday series. The game with the Bulls will be carried on Sun Sports with Nick Belmonte and Mick Hubert.
Jeff Cardozo and Steve Russell will call the action on the Gator IMG Sports Network this week. Live stats will be available on GatorZone.com and fans can also follow updates of each game on @GatorZoneBB, the official Twitter account of the Gator baseball team.