Friday May 9, 2014Florida to Face St. John's in 2014 NCAA First Round
The road to the 2014 NCAA Championship begins tomorrow afternoon for the Florida men’s tennis team.
The Gators take on the St. John’s Red Storm on Saturday at noon at Linder Stadium at Ring Tennis Complex, following the First Round match between in-state opponents Florida State and South Florida.
This is just the second time in program history that Florida will play St. John’s, as UF holds the one-match advantage.
Shelton Says: “It’s going to be a fun weekend. Any time you get to play at home in this situation, the NCAA First and Second Rounds, you know you’ve had a good season. For our guys, we’re excited about the opportunity to play. We know that we’ll have a tough first-round opponent in St. John’s. They won the Big East title, so they’ll be coming in with a lot of confidence. But, our guys are confident, too. They’ve been working really hard throughout the season and over the last couple of weeks.
“The tournament time is when you really want to be at your best. I feel like our guys are going to peak at the right time this year.”
NCAA First & Second Rounds: Live scoring and complete results from all matches of the NCAA First and Second Rounds in Gainesville can be found through the 2014 NCAA page on GatorZone.com.
Saturday, May 10 | Men's NCAA First Round
9 a.m. Florida State vs. South Florida
12 p.m. Florida vs. St. John’s (NY)
Sunday, May 11 | Men's NCAA Second Round
2 p.m. Saturday's First Round winners
· Tickets may be purchased in advance or on each day of the tournament.
· An all-session pass is $10 for adults and $5 for senior citizens, college students and children 12 and under.
· Single day tickets for Friday and Saturday are $5 for adults and $3 for senior citizens, college students and children 12 and under.
· Single day tickets for Sunday are $3 for everyone.
· Those interested in purchasing an advance all-session pass may do so by contacting the Gator Ticket Office at 352-375-4683, ext. 6800.
Follow the Gators: