Saturday May 3, 2014NCAA Lacrosse Selection Show Sunday
The NCAA Women’s Lacrosse Committee will reveal the 26-team field for the 2014 NCAA Championship Tournament on Sunday, May 4, beginning at 9 p.m. ET. The selection show will be aired live on NCAA.com.
This year, 13 conference automatic bids will be awarded, including one to the winner of the American Lacrosse Conference tournament. Florida will face Northwestern in the ALC Tournament Final on Sunday at 12 p.m. ET in Evanston, Ill.
The top 8 teams as deemed by the selection committee will play host to the first and second rounds of the tournament, with the winner of each advancing to the quarterfinals. The quarterfinal round will be hosted by the top four remaining seeds of the tournament, with the winners advancing to the championship site. This year, the NCAA Semifinals and Final will be hosted by Towson University in Towson, Md.
First and Second Rounds (May 9 and 11)
· Combined first- and second-round sites.
· Three teams at the host sites of the top 6 seeds and four teams at the host sites of seeds 7 and 8; games played Friday and Sunday.
· Sites of top 6 seeds, first-round winner advances to play host team; sites of seeds 7 and 8, first-round winners advance to play one another.
Quarterfinals (May 17 or 18)
· Remaining top 4 highest seeded teams host.
Semifinals and Final (May 23 and 25)
· Semifinals - 5 and 7:30 p.m., ESPN3
· National championship – 8:30 p.m., ESPNU
Florida Lacrosse at the NCAA Championships
· Florida has earned an NCAA Tournament bid every year since 2011. UF’s first varsity season (2010) is the only one in which the Gators have not made an appearance in the tournament.
· The Gators’ highest finish is when they tied for third in 2012, after becoming just the second third-year program to advance to the Final Four.
For all of the latest information on Florida lacrosse, please log on to www.GatorZone.com/lacrosse or, for up-to-the-minute updates, follow Florida lacrosse on Twitter at @GatorZoneLAX or www.twitter.com/GatorZoneLAX. You can also find the Gators on Facebook.