Thursday March 27, 2014No. 16 Gator Women Complete Regular Season at Bryan National Collegiate
The No. 16 Florida women’s golf team will wrap up their regular season in Greensboro, N.C., for the second-straight spring to compete in the Bryan National Collegiate co-hosted by UNC Greensboro and Wake Forest. The Florida squad took fifth place in 2013 shooting 23-over as a team (887).
Sophomore Ursa Orehek was the top finisher for Florida in last year’s Bryan National event, placing a personal-best T17. Orehek ended the tournament at 5-over (221), a collegiate-best 54-hole score for the Gator.
The tournament is being held at the par-72, 6,386-yard Bryan Park Golf and Enrichment Center Champions Course, March 28-30.
Sunday: Tee times starting at 8:20 a.m., 18 holes
Monday: Tee times starting at 8:20 a.m., 18 holes
Tuesday: Shotgun start at 8:30 a.m., 18 holes
(All times Eastern)
· Camilla Hedberg: With her season-best performance at the 2014 SunTrust Gator Invitational two weeks ago, Hedberg takes on the Champions Course on the upswing. Hedberg shot 9-over in the 2013 Bryan National Collegiate.
· Karolina Vlckova: Coming off a stellar individual showing at the Gators home tournament, Vlckova earned her way to the No. 2 spot in Florida’s five.
· Maria Torres: As a freshman, Torres sports a notable 73.2 stroke average this season and ranks in the top-15 in the SEC. Torres will take the course at the Bryan National Collegiate with confidence.
· Katie Mitchell: Mitchell has delivered for the UF squad the entire 2013-14 season. Making the final lineup of the regular season, she has competed in every tournament in her first eligible year donning the Orange and Blue.
· Sarah Schober: With a shaky start at the Gator Invite, Schober battled back to card two solid rounds and maintain her team-best sub-73 stoke average this year.
Head Coach Emily Glaser Says: “The golf course we will face this week is awesome. It's very challenging, but fair. The weather could be a factor, so we have to mentally prepare for that. It will be a good test of the work we have been doing and we will face another great field. The goal is to trust it this week and be in the mix come Sunday. This is a great event to close out the regular season and the team is excited.”
The Challenge: Florida is one of eight Golf World/WGCA top-25 teams competing at this year’s Bryan National Collegiate: No. 3 Duke, No. 10 Clemson, No. T12 South Carolina, No. 16 Florida, No. 17 Northwestern, No. 19 NC State, No. 22 Wake Forest and No. 23 Michigan State.
SEC Showdown: The Gators will take on two conference opponents this weekend, No. T12 South Carolina and Tennessee, in the final event prior to the SEC Championship next month.
Tournament Field (Golf World/WGCA Coaches’ Poll rankings):
College of Charleston
Michigan State (23)
NC State (19)
South Carolina (T12)
Wake Forest (22)
Follow the Gators: Live scoring will be available on GolfStat.com. A complete recap with results will be posted on GatorZone.com following the day’s play.