Saturday October 26, 2013Florida Women's Golf Completes Fall Season at the 2013 Alamo Invitational
San Antonio, Texas
San Antonio, Texas
The No. 14 Gators women’s golf team travels to San Antonio, Texas tomorrow to compete at the 2013 Alamo Invitational for the last event of the fall season. This is Florida’s first time competing at this tournament, hosted by the University of Texas at San Antonio.
The Alamo Invitational is being held at the par-72, 6,428-yard Briggs Ranch Golf Club. This is a three-day (Oct. 27-29), 54-hole tournament with 18 holes to be played each day.
Monday: 9:30 a.m.
Tuesday: 9:45 a.m. (shotgun start)
· Katie Mitchell: Coming off a career performance in Chapel Hill, shooting a 69 in the final round, Mitchell takes the top spot for the Gators at The Alamo. This Gator ranks in the top-25 individually in last round scoring average, with an average of 70.33, in Division I women’s golf so far this season.
· Karolina Vlckova: Just a freshman, Vlckova makes her fourth-consecutive appearance at the top of the Florida lineup this week. She’s playing to end her first collegiate fall season on a high note.
· Maria Torres: Competing in her third tournament of the fall, Torres has illuminated herself as a solid contributor to the Florida team and is prepared to perform well at The Alamo.
· Sarah Schober: Consistency in Schober’s game has given her another chance to compete for the Gators after finishing seven-over at the Tar Heel Invite.
· Camilla Hedberg: Hedberg has earned another shot to improve on her 2013-14 season performance on the course.
SEC Showdown: Florida will go up against four SEC foes at the 2013 Alamo: No. 8 Arkansas, LSU, Tennessee and Texas A&M.
Tournament Field (Golf World/WGCA Coaches’ Poll rankings):
Follow the Gators: Play will begin tomorrow with the first groups teeing off at noon. Live scoring will be available on GolfStat.com. A complete recap with results will be posted on GatorZone.com following the day’s play.