Sunday September 29, 2013No. 5 Gators Women's Golf Takes First Trip to Windy City Collegiate Classic
Highland Park, Ill.
Highland Park, Ill.
Up five spots from the preseason rankings, the No. 5 Gators women’s golf team heads to the Midwest tomorrow to compete in the Windy City Collegiate Classic, hosted by Northwestern University, for the first time in program history. Coming of a season-opening win (both team and individual titles) at the 2013 Cougar Classic, Florida looks to bring home another victory in their second tournament of the fall season.
The tournament is being held at the par-71, 6,108-yard Northmoor Country Club, Sept. 30-Oct. 1.
Monday: 8:30 a.m., 36 holes
Tuesday: 8:30a.m., 18 holes
· Anna Young: Coming off her first collegiate individual win finishing an impressive five-under, Young will lead the Gators on the course at the Windy City Collegiate Classic.
· Karolina Vlckova: Vlckova impressed in her first collegiate tournament at the Cougar Classic and is looking to remain consistent in her second competition as a Gator.
· Sarah Schober: Schober will make her debut for the Orange and Blue this week after earning the NJCAA individual title in 2012 and 2013 while golfing for Redlands Community College.
· Ursa Orehek: Orehek will make her sophomore-season debut tomorrow, aiming to see progress from her freshman season on the course.
· Katie Mitchell: Contributing to the team win in the first event of the fall, Mitchell earned her spot in the rotation at the Windy City.
The Challenge: Florida will face the defending NCAA champion and the No. 1 ranked women’s golf program in the country, USC, along with five other top-25 teams at the Windy City Collegiate Classic: No. 6 Oklahoma State, No. 10 Arizona, No. 12 Stanford, and tied for No. 17, Georgia and Purdue.
Head Coach Emily Glaser Says: “We are excited to compete again. The field and the golf course this week are fantastic. It will be a great test for our team.”
Tournament Field (Golf World/WGCA Coaches’ Poll rankings):
Oklahoma State (6)
Follow the Gators: Play will begin tomorrow with the first groups starting at 8:30 a.m. Live scoring will be available on GolfStat.com. A complete recap with results will be posted on GatorZone.com following the day’s play.