Friday September 20, 2013Gators to Collect Goods for US Troops at Pinch A Penny All Florida Invite
The Florida Swimming and Diving program will be collecting new and unused items to be sent to deployed US Troops in all branches of the service at the Pinch A Penny All Florida Invitational beginning Friday, Sept. 27.
The fourth annual three-day meet will feature seven programs from the state of Florida visiting the O’Connell Center. The event will consist of morning preliminary sessions each day and finals sessions each evening. Diving will take place approximately one hour after the morning sessions on Friday and Saturday.
Friday’s sessions begin at 10 a.m. and 7 p.m. Both Saturday and Sunday sessions will begin at 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. Fans are encouraged to bring donations during the evening sessions.
250 fans that donate will receive a Pinch A Penny All Florida Invitational
military appreciation shirt. The list of new and unused items (unless noted) is
· Protein powder & Protein bars
· Coffee (ground or whole, instant or drip)
· Coffee filters (standard size)
· Coffee creamer (flavored is great, too)
· Beef Jerky & Slim Jims
· Nuts, Sunflower Seeds and Pumpkin Seeds (salted)
· Gum or Hard Candy (Individually wrapped)
· Tissues (pocket-size)
· iTunes® Gift Cards (small denominations, to purchase music, books, videos, etc)
· Used DVD Movies: Recent romantic and comedy releases preferred. No war/violent themes, please!
· Xbox Games, PSP, PS2 & PS3 Games (used are okay as long as recent and in good condition)
· Board Games (regular and travel size)
information on the Pinch A Penny All Florida Invitational, please visit
GatorZone.com or follow the Gators on Twitter @GatorZoneSwimDV. For more
information on Give 2 The Troops, please visit Give2theTroops.org.