Thursday January 10, 2013Gators Announce Student Camp Out on Friday, Jan. 18
All UF Students are encouraged to Live Life in the Dome prior to the Jan. 19 Florida vs. Missouri men’s basketball game. Students can camp out in the O’Connell Center on the practice court Friday, Jan. 18, following the Florida gymnastics meet that evening. All students, who plan to Live Life in the Dome, must line up and enter the O’Connell Center at Gate 3. Pizza will be provided for the first 500 students who enter the Dome at Gate 3 beginning Friday night at 5:30 p.m. (pizza served at 5:45 PM, gate 3). Your No. 3 Florida gymnastics team takes on Missouri at 7 p.m. and the Live Life in the Dome campout will begin immediately following the meet. The campout is free for UF students.
· Students must line up at Gate 3 of the O’Connell Center by 10:30 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 18, in order to camp out in the Dome.
· The first 500 students to enter the Dome on Friday, Jan. 18, will receive free pizza (Gate 3 will open at 5:30 p.m.)
· The first 500 fans to enter the Dome receive Gator Gymnastics Fleece Blankets courtesy of Gatorade (giveaway distributed at Gates 1 & 2)
· Following the gymnastics meet, all students wishing to Live Life in the Dome must meet back in the Gate 3 lobby
· Video games, movies, basketball games and more will be available on the practice court following the Florida gymnastics meet
· Students will have to exit the O’Connell Center by 6 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 19 – students will be lined up by the number on their wristband they receive Friday, Jan. 18. (Note: Any student who arrives after 10:30 p.m. Friday night, will be lined up behind those students who entered the Dome and camped out Friday night)
· Breakfast will be provided for 500 students on Saturday, Jan. 19
· Saturday, Jan. 19, Noon – Gate 3 opens for the Florida vs. Missouri basketball game
· Every fan in attendance at the Florida vs. Missouri game will receive a FREE Live Life in the Dome t-shirt, courtesy of Texaco
· 2 p.m. – Tipoff
Students are reminded, for the safety and enjoyment of our patrons and staff and in the best interest of the O'Connell Center, the following items are prohibited inside the facility:
• fireworks / explosives
• laser pointers
• helium balloons
• air horns and noisemakers
• bicycles / roller blades / skates / skateboards
• oversize bags *
• still cameras / video cameras / camcorders / audio recording devices*
• thermoses and coolers *
The O'Connell Center reserves the right to inspect all bags and packages entering the building and refuse any item our staff deems harmful, dangerous, or obtrusive. The O'Connell Center also reserves the right to revoke tickets and/or eject patrons in violation of policies and procedures.