Sunday November 18, 2012Gators Return Home and host North Florida Monday at 7 p.m.
The Florida women’s basketball team plays host to North Florida on Monday in the O’Connell Center with tip-off scheduled for 7 p.m.
The game marks the beginning of a very busy week when the Gators will play four games in a seven-day span.
Monday’s game is the Gator’s second and final one scheduled against another team from the Sunshine State.
Florida aims to shake off Thursday’s tough 98-67 road loss at Florida State, where the Seminoles used a 28-2 run midway through the first half to break open the game.
The Gators youth was exposed in the road loss, but head coach Amanda Butler’s troops have been impressive in the friendly confines of the O’Connell Center where the team defeated Fairfield, 71-49, and Georgia State, 84-65, to extend their overall home win streak to eight games, while sporting a nine-game run against non-conference teams.
Florida scored 71 points off turnovers in its first two games at home, forcing opponents into 52 turnovers. The Gators also totaled 33 steals in their first two games.
Senior Jennifer George is averaging a team-leading 19.5 points per game, while redshirt-sophomore Kayla Lewis pulls down 8.7 rebound along with 11.0 points through the first three games and is the only Gator who has posted double-figure scoring effort in every outing.
Florida has won both meetings against the Ospreys, including the thrilling 54-51 victory on Nov. 23, 2010, when the Gators needed to rally from a five-point halftime deficit to secure the win.
The Ospreys have been off to a slow start, dropping their first three games of the year, all on the road and all coming against instate foes. UNF’s closest outing of the season was its most recent game, where the Ospreys dropped a 53-41 road decision at UCF on Wednesday. UNF fell behind 29-11 at halftime, but battled back to win the second half, 30-24.
Florida (2-1) vs. North Florida (0-3)
Stephen C. O’Connell Center (11,373)
Mon., Nov. 19, 2012 * 7 p.m. ET
FLORIDA GAME NOTES (PDF)
Game Coverage & More!
Radio: LIVE on The Star 99.5 FM (WBXY) in Gainesville with Adam Schick & Brittany Davis
Internet Audio: LIVE thru www.Gatorzone.com (FREE)
Internet Video: LIVE on www.Gatorvision.tv (subscription)
Tickets: $5 for reserved seats; $4 adult general admission; $2 for youth age 17 and under; FREE for UF and Santa Fe students
Parking: FREE in the O’Connell Center lot
· UF’s next four games will be played in a seven-day span
· Monday is UF’s last home game until Dec. 4 - 15 days from today
· the last meeting between the Gators & Ospreys was a thrilling 3-point UF victory; UF leads the series 2-0
· Florida has won eight consecutive home games; including 9 straight versus non-conference teams at home
· This is the second of two games the Gators are scheduled to play vs. other teams from the Sunshine State
Additional Hoopla for Monday’s Game
· First Year Florida Night! - All First Year Florida class sessions invited to attend.
· The first 250 students in attendance will receive a dri fit “All In” t-shirts.
· Rowdy Reptiles Double Points Night! Check in at Gate 2 and earn 8 points.
For all of the latest information on Florida women’s basketball:
Official Website: www.gatorzone.com/basketball/women
Twitter: @GatorZoneWBK and @CoachButlerUF