The Coaches' Trophy, won by the Florida Gators on Thursday as national
college football champions, will be on display this Saturday at Alltel
locations in Jacksonville and Gainesville. Fans will be able to have a
free on-line photo taken with the Waterford® Crystal football
9:00 a.m. - Noon
Orange Park Alltel
Orange Park (Grand Opening)
1871 Wells Road, Suite 16
3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
3626 SW Archer Road
- The Coaches’ Trophy was presented to the University of Florida
on the field following the Gators’ win over Oklahoma at the FedEx BCS
Championship Game on Thursday in Miami.
- The ball that sits atop The Coaches’ Trophy is made of
Waterford® Crystal. The trophy is valued at $30,000 and takes three
months to produce.
- The Coaches’ Trophy is 34 inches tall and weighs 45 pounds. The
ball alone weighs approximately eight pounds.
- Every year, a new trophy is made. Florida will keep The
Coaches’ Trophy for permanent display on campus.
- Created in 1986, this is the 23rd year the American Football
Coaches Association has awarded the trophy to the national champion.
- The Gators have won three national championships, also earning
crystal footballs in 1996 and 2006.
- Alltel is a corporate partner of the University of Florida
Athletic Association. For more information about the Alltel store visits or
to download a free Championship ringtone, go to www.AlltelFootball.com.