Wednesday April 4, 2007UF To Celebrate Basketball National Title On Friday Night
Gate 3 will open for the UF students at 5 p.m., while the remaining three gates will open to the public at 5:30 p.m. With a large crowd expected, overflow seating will be available on the west side at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium where the event will air on the video boards.
The first 1,000 UF students on hand will receive free t-shirts, courtesy of Pepsi. The first 7,000 fans will receive championship foam fingers, courtesy of Alltel. As part of the celebration, Alltel has also created a large Gator jersey that will be on display outside of Gate 1 and will donate $10 for every fan that signs the jersey (up to $10,000) and will donate all proceeds to a charity of head coach Billy Donovan's choice.
Fans will be able to
alleviate parking concerns with a baseball game later in the evening and
Florida Relays running all day, by utilizing the Fast Break Shuttle at the
Commuter Lot on
The event will begin at 6:30 p.m. and will include comments from head coach Billy Donovan, as well as members of the national champion Gators. A season highlight video will be unveiled while the Gators will also be presented with the Siemen's national championship trophy.
The Dazzlers, cheerleaders and pep band will all perform to help the Gators celebrate their second straight title.
The Gators finished the season with a 35-5 mark, setting a school record for wins, while becoming the first team in 15 years to repeat as national champions.
• No memorabilia to be signed by players or coaches - basketball, photos, posters.
• Food/drink containers, bottles, cans, thermoses ice bags, ice chests, any artificial noise making device, flags, umbrellas, strollers, back packs, carry bags, video cameras/cases or any items deemed hazardous by game management personnel will not be allowed in the stadium. Law enforcement officials have the right to inspect any item at any time for the purpose of spectator safety.
• Prohibited items must be returned to cars or disposed of before entering the stadium. There are no provisions to check items at the gates.
• Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.
• Chairbacks larger than a single seat are prohibited.