Spirit Teams Mascots Auditions
Mascot Audition Information
Auditions for the 2015-2016 University of Florida Mascot Program will be held on March 20-21, 2015 in the Champion’s Club at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium.
Friday, March 20, 2015
- $20 (exact cash only)
What to bring:
- Audition Application
- Current 1 Page resume
- Fully Completed Waiver
- Please note that a physical within 1 year may be substituted for the Physician’s Statement portion of the Waiver. While obtaining a physical or physician’s signature, please make sure the clinic that is providing the service takes your insurance. The try-out physical is your financial responsibility.
- Copy of UFID/ Letter of Admittance
What to wear:
- Appropriate and professional athletic apparel and footwear
- Gators gear/Orange and Blue attire preferred
Round 1 Auditions (5:30pm-10:00pm)
- Prop Use
- Random Music dancing
- Group Interviews
Saturday, March 21, 2015
Round 2 Auditions (9:00am-2:00pm)
- AuditionSkit Performances
- Mascot Personality training
New Member Meeting (2:30pm)
Before Auditioning, Please be aware of the following:
- All audition end times are approximate.
- All rounds of auditions and the new member meeting are closed to the public.
- Individuals must be available to attend the entire audition; no exceptions will be made and no video applications will be considered. Cuts will be made periodically throughout the audition process.
- Individuals should be prepared and able to get in suit at any point during the audition process.
- New members are required to be in Gainesville June 25, 2015 for their new member physicals.
- All Mascots must be available for camp June 14-21, 2015.
- All Mascots must be available to be in Gainesville at least two weeks prior to the beginning of the fall semester for the start of practice. All lodging and expenses are the responsibility of the Mascot during this time.
All audition participants must have a pre-prepared individual skit ready for performance at Auditions. Skits must be performed singularly and may not be performed in pairs or groups of Mascots. Skits will be performed in suit and may or may not be performed the first day of Auditions. Skits should highlight your creative ability and personality while still maintaining the character of Albert and Alberta. Music must be provided by the student as either a CD or mp3 file. Skit must be between 1:00-1:30 and appropriate for any University of Florida event. For ideas, there are various videos online of Albert and Alberta as well as skits from other schools’ Mascots.
More than 50 applicants audition each year for the team. The final team is made up of 8-10 members. Potential returning members must audition each year and are not guaranteed a spot on the team. A returning member’s commitment, effort and performance throughout the previous year will affect their eligibility to return to the squad.
All Mascots are expected to perform with the highest level of dedication and commitment. All Mascots must be current University of Florida Students with a minimum 2.5 semester and cumulative GPA or higher and must have full-time student status. Transfer students and incoming Freshmen must provide letter of acceptance upon auditioning. The typical time commitment for a Mascot ranges from 3-15 hrs/week. Mascots must be able to store equipment at their residence and transport equipment with their personal vehicles to appearances throughout Alachua County. Additional expectations and guidelines are available on the Audition Application.
For more information regarding the University of Florida Dazzlers, please contact:
Dazzlers and Mascot Coordinator
(352) 375-4683 ext. 6691