2013 Cheerleading Try-out Information
The University of Florida Spirit Program invites you to tryout for the 2013-2014 Cheerleading Team! You must be a full-time UF student or incoming studentwith an official letter of acceptance from the University of Florida. Try-out applications do not need to be submitted early, please bring all paperwork to tryouts on Saturday, May 4th, 2013 at 9 AM.
Video tapes will not be accepted. You must be present to try-out.
Saturday, May 4th 9 AM-9 PM with lunch and dinner breaks
*NEW THIS YEAR*: Following the dinner break, formal interviews will take place. Please refer to the “What to Wear” section below for more information.
Final Tryout –Sunday, May 5th 12:30 PM -6 PM
Location for official tryouts will be in the University of Florida Basketball Complex located on Woodlawn Drive across from the track. It is the basketball practice facility, NOT the O’Connell Center.
WHAT TO BRING:
- All participants must have a completed physical at the time of registration to participate in try-outs and tryout clinic. Physical exams may be completed by a family doctor or medical center within a year of this try-out (any time between May 3rd, 2012 and May 3rd, 2013). Sports physicals will also be accepted.
- Liability waiver
- A photo copy of either your Gator One ID card or a photo copy of your official letter of acceptance.
- A photo copy front and back of your medical insurance card
- There is a $20.00 non-refundable registration fee due at registration.
- ONLY CASH OR MONEY ORDERS WILL BE ACCEPTED -- NO PERSONAL CHECKS PLEASE!
WHAT TO WEAR:
For Friday and Saturday girls must wear a sports bra, spandex, and shoes appropriate for stunting and tumbling. Males must wear a Dri-Fit type shirt, athletic shorts and shoes appropriate for stunting and tumbling. Males must also be clean shaven, and wearing no jewelry. For finals on Sunday afternoon, ALL FEMALE participants are required to wear Black Sports Bras and Black Spandex. Females are also asked to wear hair half up with white bow. ALL MALES are asked to wear Black Dri Fit shirts and Black Athletic Shorts.
- For Saturday night interviews, the dress will be business casual. For males, please wear khaki or dark slacks, a long-sleeved buttoned shirt, leather belt, and appropriate closed toe shoes. For females, please wear casual pants or skirts, with a button down shirt or blouse, and appropriate shoes. Females please keep makeup conservative and natural looking.
- Please no jeans, shorts, sandals, athletic shoes, or athletic wear for interviews. Jackets/Blazers and ties are not required but acceptable.
Current Judging Criteria:
- Toss chair
- Toss toe touch
- Shoulder sit
- Standing Back Handspring & Running Back Handsprings
- Note: All tumbling will be performed on a wooden surface; mats will be on hand during warm-ups.
- Interview, Crowd Appeal, and Cheer Skills will weigh more heavily this year than in years past.
Both male and female athletes are encouraged to TRY-OUT!
There will also be an optional tryout clinic on Friday May 3th, 2013 in the Basketball Complex from 6-8 pm for $20 (Cash only), no pre-registration required. Participants are strongly encouraged to attend.
For more specific requirements and information on clinics, contact Candi Richeson at 352.375.4683 ext 6692