UF Facts and Figures
- UF is one of 17 public, land-grant institutions in the 63-member Association of American Universities (AAU).
- UF's 2008 incoming class had an average 4.18 GPA and 1293 SAT score.
- UF admitted 1,049 international baccalaureate students for the 2004-05 academic year, more than any other university in the world.
- UF has the third-largest student enrollment of all U.S. universities with more than 51,413 students (including nearly 10,000 graduate students) from all 50 states and 100 foreign countries.
- UF, which offers more than 100 undergraduate majors, has 16 colleges and more than 100 research, service and education centers, bureaus and institutes.
- Nearly 2,000 freshmen and sophomores are in the honors program, which offers 90-100 courses per semester.
- UF coordinates nearly 200 graduate programs and offers professional degree programs in dentistry, law, medicine, pharmacy, architecture, engineering and veterinary medicine.
- UF faculty attracted more than $ 518.8 million in sponsored research in 2005-2006.
- In the last 10 years, UF's 41 Academic All-Americans ranks fifth in the nation.
- Florida shared the league-high number of SEC Academic Honor Roll recipients (187) and leads all league schools with 2,332 Academic Honor Roll recipients since 1980
- A program-high three Gator teams won 2012 NCAA crowns as a total of 12 teams tallied top-10 NCAA finishes in 2011-12. Florida’s 2011-12 top-10 teams in NCAA competition included: women’s tennis (No. 1), men’s indoor track & field (No. 1), men’s outdoor track & field (No. 1), gymnastics (No. 2), lacrosse (No. T-3), men’s basketball (No. T-5), volleyball (No. T-5), baseball (No. T-7), men’s swimming & diving (No. 8), women’s indoor track & field (No. 9), men’s tennis (No. T-9) and women’s swimming & diving (No. 10).
- Florida is the only program in the nation to finish among the nation’s top 10 in each of the last 29 national all-sports standings and is the only SEC school to place 100 or more student-athletes on the Academic Honor Roll each of the last 15 years.
- The University of Florida additionally swept the 2011-12 Halifax Media Group’s Southeastern Conference All-Sports titles – the 12th time the Gator program has taken the three titles. The Florida athletics program took the overall, men’s and women’s SEC All-Sports titles, as UF is the only school to collect all three titles in a single season. The overall SEC All-Sports title marked the 22nd for Florida, while the Gator program earned its 19th women’s and 16th men’s titles.
- In 2011-12, 79 UF student-athletes earned 168 All-America honors.
A Dominant Market
- 18 million people live in Florida (4th in U.S.) in approximately 7 million households.
- By 2014, it is projected that 20.7 million people will reside in Florida in 8.2 million households.
- Five of the nation’s top 50 television markets are located in Florida.
- Over 340,000 UF alumni live in 50 states and 130 countries.