UF Facts and Figures
- UF is one of 17 public, land-grant institutions in the 63-member Association of American Universities (AAU).
- The middle 50 percent of students admitted to the 2014 fall freshman class had the following criteria: High School GPA of 4.1-4.5; SAT 1810-2060 and ACT 27-31.
- UF admitted 1,260 international baccalaureate students for the 2014-15 academic year, more than any other university in the U.S.
- Florida’s freshman retention rate of 96 percent is among the highest in the country.
- Sixty-seven percent of UF freshmen graduate in four years and 85 percent graduate in six years.
- UF has the seventh-largest student enrollment of all U.S. universities in 2014-15 at 49,878 (including nearly 10,000 graduate students) from all 50 states and 100 foreign countries.
- UF, which offers more than 100 undergraduate majors, has 16 colleges and more than 100 research, service and education centers, bureaus and institutes.
- Nearly 2,000 freshmen and sophomores are in the honors program, which offers 90-100 courses per semester.
- UF coordinates nearly 200 graduate programs and offers professional degree programs in dentistry, law, medicine, pharmacy, architecture, engineering and veterinary medicine.
- UF faculty attracted more than $619 million in sponsored research in 2014-2015.
- All-time, Florida’s 130 Academic All-Americans ranks fifth among Division I programs.
- Florida leads all league schools with 3,705 Academic Honor Roll recipients since 1980.
- Two Gator teams won 2015 NCAA crowns as a total of 13 teams tallied top-10 NCAA finishes in 2014-15. Florida’s 2014-15 top-10 teams in NCAA competition included: gymnastics (No. 1), softball (No. 1), men’s indoor track & field (No. 2), men’s outdoor track & field (No. 2), baseball (No. T-3), women’s indoor track & field (No. 4), men’s swimming & diving (No. 5), soccer (No. T-5), women’s tennis (No. T-5), volleyball (No. T-5), women’s outdoor track & field (No. 8), women’s swimming & diving (No. 9) and lacrosse (No. T-9).
- Florida is the only program in the nation to finish among the nation’s top 10 in each of the last 32 national all-sports standings.
- Florida is the only school to place 100 or more student-athletes on the Southeastern Conference Academic Honor Roll each of the last 18 years.
- The University of Florida claimed its ninth consecutive overall title in the 2014-15 GateHouse Media Southeastern Conference All-Sports rankings. It is the 25th overall title for the Gator program, which leads the league.
- In 2014-15, 74 UF student-athletes earned 189 All-America honors.
A Dominant Market
- 19.9 million people live in Florida (3rd in U.S.) in approximately 9 million households.
- Five of the nation’s top 50 television markets are located in Florida.
- Over 367,000 UF alumni live in 50 states and 130 countries.