Autograph and Charitable Requests
The University of Florida Athletic Association, its coaches and student-athletes receive numerous autograph requests each year. We regret that we are unable to fill each request. Requests can not be accepted by Gator Boosters, Marketing, Communications, Ticket Office, individual sport offices or any other department entity. Items will be returned if sent to departments or individual sport offices.
The UAA does not allow current student-athletes to provide autographs, other than on Fan Days (check GatorZone.com for dates and times), and asks fans not to come to practice fields or facilities and attempt to have materials signed by student-athletes.
Autographs may be obtained from coaches at select Gator Club Gatherings and annual team Fan Appreciation Days. Also, Billy Donovan replica-autographed basketballs and Will Muschamp replica-autographed footballs and are available in the Gator Locker Room at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, with the basketballs also available via the Gator Locker Room's online store:
- Billy Donovan Basketball
- Muschamp replica-autographed footballs will be available online late spring/early summer.
We appreciate your adherence to this policy as it is essential to the continued success of our coaches and student-athletes.
- At a home athletic competition, which is defined as a regularly scheduled exhibition game or a regular-season game, the UAA may run a message board announcement promoting a charitable event provided that the event has a direct connection or tie-in to the University of Florida or one of its organizations. For example, if a charity hosts an event on the UF campus (e.g. Gator Walk for Babies/March of Dimes), or if a UF student organization hosts a fun run to raise money for a charity, these types of activities may be promoted on the message boards, but only if space permits.
- Charitable events or awareness campaigns may be recognized at home athletic competitions if such campaigns are part of an initiative led by the University of Florida, a national coaches association, or the Southeastern Conference. Examples of this include Coaches Versus Cancer (National Association of Basketball Coaches), “We Back Pat” Alzheimer’s awareness campaign (SEC), “Link to Pink” breast cancer awareness gymnastics meet (SEC), and the SEC Student-Athlete Advisory Committee “We Can” canned food drive (SEC).
- As part of an approved charity affiliation, collection of funds is not permitted at home athletic competitions or special, non-competition events. However, pledge cards may be collected, as my non-cash items (e.g. canned food, books, etc.).
- In-state, non-profit organizations may request donations from the UAA for fund-raisers (e.g. silent auctions, prizes, etc.). Typically, the donation will consist of two tickets to a home athletic event which is not anticipated to be sold out, or excess inventory of a premium give-away item from an earlier athletic event.
- All requests for donations or promotion of charitable activities and affiliations shall be submitted in advance to the UAA Marketing & Promotions department for review, designation and/or approval.
- All request for use of UAA facilities for charitable events must be submitted to the UAA Operations department for review and approval. Appropriate rental fees and operational charges will apply.