University of Florida Licensing & Trademarks
Campus Departments/Recognized Student Organizations / Sport Clubs Guidelines for Use of Trademarks:
Complete the Internal Request for Use Form and attach the proposed artwork.
Gain advance approval by the Licensing Department for all custom designed products with the use of university protected word marks or logos.
All designs with university logos, wordmarks, or tradmarks are required to use an approved University of Florida licensed manufacturer or vendor.
Royalty Bearing products include:
- Any item for resale for any reason including, but not limited to, sold to General Public, sold to members, family and/or friends, sold to faculty, staff and/or students, sold for fundraising within the department, school or student club or student organization
- Any item that features a sponsor or commercial message(subject to a promotional royalty and must have no conflict with corporate sponsor)
- Any item that is given away at an event that has a registration fee associated with it.
- All other uses of marks unless noted below are royalty bearing
Royalty Exempt products include:
- Campus Departments:
- Must be purchased with University/department funds ; Must include the name of the department or event (clearly differentiated from retail product)
- Items used for operation of the department such as stationery, businesscards, nameplates, nametags etc. Staff Shirts/Uniforms
- Promotional items used to promote the department, instructional programs, or events directly sponsored by the University
- Uniforms or competition required apparel exempt from royalties for Sport Club Teams recognized through The University of Florida’s RecSports Program.
- All designs must include the term “Club” and should be submitted to the Licensing Department for approval.
- Use of a licensed vendor required unless no licensed vendor can be identified by the Licensing Department.
- Alcohol, tobacco, illegal substances, sexually explicit or religious graphics or descriptions, or unauthorized use of other trademarks is prohibited in conjunction with the university’s word marks or trademarks.
- The Use of a current student-athlete's name on commercial merchandise is a violation of NCAA rules and may result in the student-athlete being declared ineligible.
- The use of the University seal on any product other than official graduation products.
- Implying endorsement, approval or underwriting of any organization, product, activity, service or contract by The University of Florida.