Attention Gator Fans: For the first time in Gator Gymnastics history, we will be hosting an online singing competition to decide who will have the honor of singing the national anthem for our final home meet of the year on March 7th!
- How To Enter
- We encourage Gator fans 18 and older to participate in this contest. Additionally, we open this opportunity to vocal ensembles, as long as each member is 18 and older and the number of members in the group does not exceed 10.
- Submit a youtube video of yourself or your group singing the national anthem to below by February 23rd.
- The top 3 contestants will be posted on the Gator Gymnastics Facebook Page for voting on February 24th. Gator fans will have a chance to watch the top clips and vote for their favorite by liking the contestant’s audition clip. Voting will close Sunday, March 2nd at midnight. The winner will be decided by the UAA based on consideration of the number of “likes” each submission receives. The winning individual(s) will be informed the following day.
- The chance to sing the national anthem at the O’Connell Center on March 7th when the Gators take on West Virginia.
- If the winner is an individual, he/she will receive free admission to the meet along with two guests. If an ensemble is selected, they will receive free admission for themselves and one guest per member.
- Due to NCAA rules the National Anthem Contest is eligible for all fans 18 and Older (High School students and their parents and UF student-athletes and their parents are not eligible to participate due to NCAA rules). In addition, employees of The University Athletic Association, Inc. and their immediate families are not eligible.
Thank you for your interest in this contest.
Registration is now closed.