UF/PEPSI 2011 T-SHIRT ART CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- HERE’S HOW TO ENTER: To register, between 12:01 a.m. EST on 3/29/11 and 12:00 p.m. EST on 4/5/11 go online to www.GatorZone.com and complete the registration form. Create a design that expresses the following theme: “UF FOOTBALL”. Upload an image of the art, not to exceed five (5) colors, in jpeg or eps (Illustrator) format to your on-line submission. The actual art must be square and be no smaller than 1’x1’ and no larger than 2’x2’. The actual art may not be three dimensional. Artwork should be submitted to email@example.com; files cannot be larger than 5 MB. One entry per person, failure to comply will result in disqualification.
All entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor assumes no responsibility for technical, electronic, hardware, software or network, computer or data transmission errors, malfunctions or difficulties of any kind or for late, lost, misdirected, incomplete, or delayed entries. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of a cash award of $250 and their choice of a 2011 UF student season ticket or a ticket to the Florida-Georgia game in Jacksonville on Saturday, October 30, 2011. Grand Prize winner’s art may also be used (at Sponsor’s expense and at Sponsor’s discretion) as the primary design on the 2011 UF Student Ticket Holder T-Shirt that is given to all 2011 football season student ticket holders. Approximate Retail Value: $320. One (1) First Prize will be awarded to the first runner up, consisting of a cash award of $125. Approximate Retail Value: $125. One (1) Second Prize will be awarded to the second runner up, consisting of a cash award of $75. Approximate Retail Value: $75.
By participating in this contest, winners agree to fully transfer all right, title and interest to the submitted art to Sponsor without compensation (including but not limited to publicity rights and copyrights). No royalties, copyright fees, license fees, talent fees, or any other compensation will be paid for any reason relating to any aspect or part the submitted artwork, even if reproduced, distributed, and/or sold by Sponsor, The University Athletic Association, Inc. or The University of Florida. Sponsor shall have the right to use any aspect or part of the submitted artwork, including winners name, likeness and image, for any commercial or marketing purposes without additional compensation, in perpetuity. Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing herein requires that Sponsor use the winning art, except as specified.
- SELECTION: Three (3) Finalists will be chosen by judges from all eligible entries received. Finalist creative will be shown on 4/9/11 at the “Orange & Blue Debut” game. Judging will be conducted on or about April 6, 2011. The winning Finalist art will be the entries that the Judges, in their sole and absolute discretion, deem to best meet the judging criteria and the spirit of the contest. Each eligible entry will be judged based on attributes deemed to be relevant by the judges in their discretion, including but not limited to: creativity, adherence to the theme and appropriate design for a college level art design. The Judges reserve the right to select fewer than three Finalists if, in their sole discretion, they believe that there are insufficient entries that meet the judging criteria. The judging panel will be composed of representatives from the University Athletic Association and representatives from Pepsi Beverages Company. Once Finalists are selected, voting for the top design will begin at 12:01 a.m. EST on 4/11/11 and end at 12:00 p.m. EST on 4/22/11. UF students can go online to www.GatorZone.com to vote for their favorite design. To vote, a registrant must be a current full or part-time UF student. Voting is limited to one vote per person throughout the voting period. The Grand Prize winner will be the Finalist with the top number of votes. First and Second Prize winners will also be determined by the number of votes received by each Finalist with the second highest vote getter receiving First Prize and the third highest vote getter receiving Second Prize. Prize winners will be announced via an ad in a local student newspaper in the month of August 2011.
- ELIGIBILITY and GENERAL CONDITIONS: Contest is only open to legal US residents who are currently enrolled in classes for the Fall 2011 semester at The University of Florida in Gainesville, FL , and who are 18 years or older on 3/29/11 only. Employees of The University of Florida (except student employees), current and former UF student-athletes and their family members, The University Athletic Association, Inc., Pepsi Beverages Company, PepsiCo, Inc., Pepsi-Cola Company and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, distributors and advertising, promotional or judging agencies and immediate family members or persons living in the same household of such employees are not eligible to win. All prizes are non-transferable. If any prize or any aspect thereof is unavailable for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to substitute another prize or cash of approximate equal value, as determined by Sponsor. No cash redemption or substitutions except by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor may require the winner to execute waiver and release documents with respect to any aspect of any prize. Failure to execute such documents will result in ineligibility and disqualification. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law. Prize recipients will be solely responsible for paying all applicable federal, state and local taxes on prizes; if applicable, winner may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the retail value of the prize. All persons, by participating in this contest and submitting artwork, agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and its authorized judging agencies (the “Judges”) whose decisions in all aspects of this promotion shall be final and binding.
- WINNER NOTIFICATION/RELEASES: Potential Finalists will be notified by phone or mail within 3 days of the selection. Finalists will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release with a publicity release within seven (7) days of the date on the notification letter. If (i) any required documents are not returned within seven (7) days, (ii) a telephone notification is not confirmed to sponsor within forty-eight hours or (iii) the mail is returned to Sponsor as undeliverable mail without a forwarding address, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Finalist may be selected from among all remaining entries.
Grand Prize winner may also be required to sign and return additional prize-related documents before the prize will be awarded. All winners, by participation in the contest and acceptance of a prize, agree to release The University of Florida, The University Athletic Association, Inc., Pepsi Beverages Company, PepsiCo, Inc., Pepsi-Cola Company and each of their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional or judging agencies from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership or use of the prize or while preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to any prize-related activity. Except where prohibited by law, winners must consent to the use of their name, voice, picture or other likeness without compensation for promotional purposes as determined by Sponsor.
- WINNERS’ LIST: For a list of the Prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped, business-sized envelope before July 31, 2011 to “UF/PEPSI 2011 T-SHIRT ART CONTEST”, c/o Pepsi Beverages Company, 7380 Sand Lake Rd., Suite 230, Orlando, FL 32819.
- SPONSOR: Pepsi Beverages Company, 7380 Sand Lake Road, Suite 230, Orlando, FL 32819.
PEPSI and the Pepsi Globe are registered trademarks of PepsiCo, Inc.