- Coleman Hutzler
|2014||Florida (Special Teams Coordinator)|
|2012-13||New Mexico (Outside Linebackers/Special Teams)|
- Served on the Florida staff from 2010-11, assisting off the field with the defense and special teams and working closely with current defensive coordinator D.J. Durkin.
- He joined the New Mexico staff in the spring of 2012 and coached the Lobos’ special teams and outside linebackers for the past two seasons.
- UNM’s kickoff return unit ranked 16th in the nation in 2013, averaging 24.0 yards per return.
- Sophomore Carlos Wiggins was named the 2013 Mountain West Special Teams Player of the Year after leading the nation with 1,303 total kick return yards and ranking fifth nationally with a 29.6 kickoff return average. He was the only player in the country to return three kickoffs for touchdowns in 2013, which also tied the Mountain West single-season record.
- Hutzler also coached punter Ben Skaer, who was a first-team All-Mountain West selection in 2013. He led the conference and ranked seventh nationally with a punting average of 45.8 yards, also a single-season record at UNM.
- In 2012, New Mexico had three special teams’ players earn honorable mention All-Mountain West honors: kicker Justus Adams, kick returner Chase Clayton and Skaer.
- On the defensive side, Hutzler's outside linebackers combined to record 19 tackles-for-loss and eight sacks.
- Prior to his time at Florida, Hutzler spent three seasons (2007-09) at Stanford working for coach Jim Harbaugh.
- Also worked under Harbaugh at the University of San Diego in 2006. The Toreros' nationally-ranked defense helped USD win the Division I-AA Mid-Major National Championship.
Prominent Players Coached
- P Ben Skaer – Named first team All-Mountain West in 2013 after averaging 45.8 yards per punt, which ranked fifth nationally and set a single-season school record.
- KR Carlos Wiggins – Named the 2013 Mountain West Special Teams Player of the Year after leading the nation with 1,303 kick return yards. Returned three kickoffs for touchdowns, tying a conference record.
- Hutzler played linebacker at Middlebury (Vt.) College and graduated in 2006
- Birthdate: May 5, 1984
- Hometown: Las Vegas, Nevada
- Education: 2006 - Bachelor's Degree in psychology from Middlebury College in Vermont.
- Family: He and his wife, Cobey, have one son, Micah