- Cody Hampton
- 5' 10"
- St. Petersburg
- 210 lbs.
- Boca Ciega
CAREER: A senior long snapper who enrolled at Florida in June of 2008 and walked on in August of 2009.
2011: Did not see game action for the Gators.
2010: Did not see action but dressed for the Miami University, USF and Appalachian State games…Named to the 2010 SEC Academic Honor Roll.
2009: Did not see game action for the Gators.
PRIOR TO FLORIDA: Four-year letterman and three-year starter who played center, defensive lineman and long snapper...Helped lead the Pirates to their only two district championships in school history…Coached by Jean Gordon in high school...Also lettered in baseball and track...Has earned his Eagle Scout...For his Eagle project, built helmet racks for the dugouts for Northwest Youth Baseball and Softball complex in St. Petersburg, FL.
OFF THE FIELD STORIES
· Father, Mark, played baseball at Lamar University
· Cody and two brothers are Eagle Scouts
· His Eagle Scout project was building eight helmet racks for the dugouts for Northwest Youth Baseball and Softball in St. Petersburg. Before he built the helmet racks, the kids would have to place their equipment on the ground, where they would get dirty and covered with fire ants.
· Older brother, Marshall, played baseball and football at Case Western Reserve (Cleveland, Ohio)
· Older brother, Austin, was a diver at North Carolina State (2007-2010).
· Was accepted into the University of Florida College of Pharmacy