- Defense/Special Teams Coordinator
|| Florida (Defense/Special Teams Coordinator)
|| Florida (Defense)
|| New Orleans Saints (Defensive Assistant - Quality Control)
|| Middle Tennessee (Secondary)
|| Walsh University (Defensive Coordinator)
|| Akron (Secondary)
|| Middle Tennessee (Assistant Coach/ Backfield)
|| Rhodes College (Secondary)
|| Kansas (Graduate Assistant)
|| Arkansas (Graduate Assistant)
|| Arizona (Graduate Assistant)
- Has 19 years of collegiate coaching experience and one season of NFL coaching experience.
- In his coaching career, has learned from some of the best coaches in the collegiate ranks and professional ranks. Has spent time at Arizona with Larry Smith, Arkansas with Lou Holtz and at Kansas with Mike Gottfried. His NFL experience includes working with Jim Haslett and Ron Zook with the New Orleans Saints.
- In 2002, the Gator pass defense ranked seventh in the country, allowing only 162.38 yards per game, the lowest by a UF squad since 1989.
- In his first season at Florida, he coached three players who earned All-SEC honors in 2002 including Todd Johnson (second team), Keiwan Ratliff (first team) and Guss Scott (second team).
- Two of Woodford's players with the Saints earned Pro Bowl recognition. Safety Sammy Knight was named a starter in the 2002 NFL Pro Bowl after intercepting five passes and recovering five fumbles in 2001 and defensive tackle La'Roi Glover was also named to the team after recording eight sacks and three tackles. Knight finished 2001 with a career high 120 tackles and received two NFC Defensive Player of the Week honors in 2001.
- In 2001, as New Orleans Saints Quality Control Coach-Defense, the Saints ranked ninth in the NFL in sacks with 53.
- From his first season (1999) to his second (2000) Middle Tennessee's defense improved 31 spots in the NCAA rankings.
- In 1985, worked as an assistant coach and backfield coach at Middle Tennessee, the same season the Blue Raiders went 11-0 in the regular season and earned a No. 1 national ranking.
- University of Arizona (1978-81), arrived in Tucson as a walk-on before eventually becoming a starter at safety.
- Member of Arizona team that played in the 1979 Fiesta Bowl
Prominent Players Coached
- DT LA’ROI GLOVER - Two-time NFL Pro Bowl selec-tion
(2001 and 2002).
- SS SAMMY KNIGHT - Pro Bowl selection in 2001.
Saints all-time leader in interceptions for touchdowns with
- DB DON GRIFFIN - Sixth round pick of the San
Francisco 49ers in the 1986 NFL Draft.
NFL Players (Round drafted)
FS TODD JOHNSON (4th) Florida '03
- Chicago Bears
CB ROBERT CROMARTIE (FA) Florida '03
- Arizona Cardinals
Birthdate: September 4, 1959
Hometown: Niles, Ohio
Education: 1982 - B.A. in history from the University of Arizona
Family: Has two daughters, Michaela and Ellie.
||Bowl Games as a Coach/Player
Contact Coach Woodford
Phone: 352-375-4683 x4100