Florida Gator Camps and Clinics
Cross Country Summer Camps
Camp Tuition & Dates
July 21-25, 2013
Resident Tuition: $475*
Commuter Tuition: $375*
Team Discount: $430/camper**
* Resident campers must be entering 9th grade
** A team consists of at least five members from the same high school team
Check-In & Check-Out:
All campers will register at Graham Hall. Check-in is from 2-4pm on Sunday, July 21. Check-out is at 11am on Thursday, July 25.
The camp carries an ECESS medical insurance policy to cover medical expenses from injuries/accidents that occur in the course of camp activities. Medical expenses, including deductibles, which are declined through the camper’s personal insurance and/or through the excess policy become the personal responsibility of the camper’s parents/guardians.
What to Bring:
- Residential Campers: Towels, bedding for a twin size bed, pillow, blanket, alarm clock, toiletries, and $20-$40 spending money.
- Everyone: T-shirts, socks, shorts, running shoes, and spending money.
- Do NOT bring valuable items. Including: TVs, stereos, electronic game systems or jewelry.
Please mark campers names on all items. The camp is not responsible for lost money or belongings.
A Typical Day
|7:00pm||Campus run with drills, strides and stretching at track|
|11:00pm||Bed check and lights out|
|9:00am||Seminar and Testing|
|7:00pm||Off campus run|
|11:00pm||Bed Check and lights out|
- Complete registration form and pay online with a credit card
- Sign and date the waiver of liability and holds harmless agreement
- Complete physical or physician statement
- Registration is due by July 10, 2013
- Any cancellations will accrue a $100 non-refundable administration fee
- Any cancellation of registration after July 5 will be charged an additional $25 processing fee. Confirmation letters will be sent via email ONLY
- We will require a $40 deposit check day of registration. It will be returned to campers at checkout when they return their slide card and key
The Florida Cross Country camp is designed to help each athlete reach their potential as a distance runner not only through daily training sessions but also through educating each athlete on what it take to be the best. Through intensive classroom sessions by the Florida coaching staff and guest lecturers, each athlete will learn about what it takes to become a champion in their sport. These sessions will include:
- Running techniques and strategies
- Nutrition for distance runners
- Weight room training
- Pool running
- Physiological testing of each athlete to identify strengths and weaknesses
- Various types of training philosophies and the benefits of each
- The college recruiting process
Housing & Meals
Resident campers will be housed in Graham Hall, an air-conditioned dorm located within a five-minute walk from the training facility. TV lounges, vending machines, game rooms and pools are available. Graham Hall will be supervised by both UF residence hall supervisors and cross country camp staff 24 hours a day. Three meals a day will be served. Meals will be provided through the Gator Corner Dining Hall.
Every effort will be made to accommodate roommate requests. To facilitate the process, it is important that campers desiring to room together must request each other in the space provided when registering.
Instructions will take place at the Percy Beard Track & Field Complex, the same facility that hosts the Gator Track & Field teams and the Pepsi Florida Relays, as well as trails throughout the UF Campus and the City of Gainesville.
Directions to Graham Hall & Percy Beard Track:
I-75 to the Gainesville/Newberry Exit. Go East. Newberry Road becomes University Avenue. From University Avenue, turn right on Gale Lemerand Drive. Ben Hill Griffin Stadium will be on the left. Continue through the first stoplight (Stadium Road) and Graham Hall will be on your right after Gator Corner Dining.
Paul Spangler completed his second year at Florida which included 5 All-American’s in the distance events along with a national team title in both indoor and outdoor track. Other accomplishments include a SEC Cross Country team title in 2013, 2013 SEC Cross Country Coach of the Year. Numerous Olympic trials qualifiers and 2012 Olympian Genevieve LaCaze who competed in the 3000m steeplechase.
For more information contact:
Paul Spangler: Email | 352-375-4683 ext. 4461
Mellanee Welty: Email | 352-375-4683 ext. 4400
PO Box 14485
Gainesville, Florida 32604