Gators Camps and Clinics Lacrosse Camp
Come join us for the 2014 FLORIDA GATOR LACROSSE CAMP! Florida Gator Lacrosse Camp is a day camp for players who want to learn basic lacrosse skills and concepts. Enjoy 7 sessions of fun drills and competitive games!
FLORIDA GATOR LACROSSE CAMP
- DATE: June 23-25, 2014 (7 sessions)
- AGE: Open to all girls in grades 4-8 (Ages 8-14)
- FEE*: $300
*Fee includes instruction, meals, room, reversible jersey, water bottle and lanyard.
$50 OFF PER CAMPER FOR ALL GROUPS OF 10 OR MORE PLAYERS FROM THE SAME HIGH SCHOOL, MIDDLE SCHOOL, OR CLUB TEAM! Contact us by Email for more information.
REGISTRATION: We are only accepting on-line registration for camp. There is no fee for this service.
Follow these steps for registration:
- Click on the REGISTER NOW button.
- Complete registration form with all the necessary fields.
- You will receive a confirmation email once you have completed your registration. This email will include all the information you will need for camp, as well as the Consent to Medical Treatment and Physician’s Statement (one page document) that must be printed, completed and faxed or emailed back to the lacrosse office (#352-373-1432; Email). A copy of a school physical within the past year may be used in lieu of the physician’s signature. This document must be received no later than Monday, June 16, 2014.
NOTE: REGISTRATION WILL CLOSEMONDAY, JUNE 16, 2014
- Amanda O’Leary: Camp Director and Head Coach of the University of Florida
- Erica LaGrow: Assistant Coach, University of Florida
- Michelle Tumolo: Assistant Coach, University of Florida, US National Team
*NOTE: Please continue to check this website regularly for coaching staff updates and changes.
Goalkeepers will receive specialized training from outstanding coaches.
All keepers will train in a separate setting with individual instruction focusing on quickness, technique and game situations. Goalkeepers will also practice in skill session drills and be placed on a tournament team.
Camp will be conducted at James G. Pressly Stadium at the University of Florida. The field is a grass surface suitable for cleats or turf shoes.
All meals will be held at the Gator Dining Hall on campus.
Registration and check-in will take place from 1:30pm-2:00pm on Monday, June 23, 2014 at the Lemerand Athletic Center (2nd Floor). The Lemerand Athletic Center is located adjacent to James G. Pressly Stadium.
Check-out will take place at 2:00pm on Wednesday, June 25, 2014 at James G. Pressley Stadium.
Please visit http://campusmap.ufl.edu for directions. They will also be emailed to you with your registration confirmation.
Daily drop off is at 9:00am at the dormitory and pick up is 7:30pm at James G. Pressly Stadium. Campers will be provided with lunch and dinner.
Recommended airports and the estimated mileage:
- We strongly recommend using the Gainesville Regional Airport (GNV); 15 miles from UF.
- Jacksonville International Airport (JAX); 80 miles from UF about 1.5 hrs travel time. Sign up for roundtrip Camp Airport Shuttle Service with online registration. See below for more information.
- Orlando International Airport (MCO); 120 miles from UF about 2 hrs travel time.
PARKING DURING CAMP:
If you would like to park your car on campus during camp, you must register and pay for the parking permit during online camp registration. The cost to park for 3 days is $15. Florida Lacrosse Camps are not responsible for any parking violations incurred during camp for those parking without a permit.
No refunds will be granted after June 16, 2014 for any reason.
For cancellations made on or before June 16, 2014 due to injury or illness, a $100 cancellation fee will apply and the remaining balance will be refunded. A doctor’s note is required for any cancellations due to injury or illness. For all other cancellations made on or before June 16, 2014, a 50% refund will be issued.
9:00am Sign in at James G. Pressly Stadium
9:00-11:30am Morning session
12:30-1:30pm Pool Time
1:45-4:30pm Afternoon session
5:45-7:30pm Tournament Games
7:30pm Sign out at James G. Pressly Stadium
WHAT TO BRING:
Stick, goalie equipment (goalies only), eyewear, mouth guard, gloves, cleats for grass, turf shoes, extra T-shirts, shorts, socks, rain gear, one sweat shirt, and sun block. We strongly suggest that you leave all jewelry and valuables at home. Camp staff will not be responsible for any lost items.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITY ACT:
Individuals with disabilities requiring special accommodation should contact the Camp Director within seven (7) days of the first day of the camp so the proper consideration may be made to the request.
The Camp carries an EXCESS medical insurance policy to cover medical expenses for injuries/accidents, which occur in the course of the camp’s activities. Medical expenses which are declined payment through the participant’s personal insurance and/or through the excess policy become the responsibility of the participant’s parents/ guardians. ALL PARTICIPANTS MUST HAVE MEDICAL INSURANCE TO PARTICIPATE.
MONDAY, JUNE 16, 2014
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE
- CANCELLATION DEADLINE
- PHYSICIAN STATEMENT FAXED DEADLINE
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT:
Per NCAA rules, all sport camps and clinics conducted by The University of Florida Athletic Association are open to any and all entrants and enrollment is only limited based on age, grade level, gender, and/or number restrictions as specified by each camp.
For camps occurring prior to May 1, 2014, UAA policy allows participation in overnight/resident camps only for campers currently in 9th grade or higher for the 2013-14 academic year. For camps occurring after May 1, 2014, UAA policy allows participation in overnight/resident camps only for campers that will be in 9th grade or higher for the 2014-15 academic year. Please refer to each sport's camp page for additional information.
Only parents or legal guardians may provide personally identifiable information through the University of Florida websites.